There are so many different things you need to consider when you are buying an engagement ring and indeed a wedding ring as well…
What is your partner’s jewellery style? How do you find her ring size? What type of metal is the best for engagement rings? What type of metal is best for wedding rings? How much should you pay for your engagement ring and wedding ring? What diamond shape should you go for? Should you opt for a coloured gemstone instead?
The list is endless. However, you should always begin with the latest trends, it also applies to wedding reception decoration ideas. This will give you a feel for what is out there and will empower you with knowledge for when it comes to finding the perfect engagement ring or wedding ring. Let’s begin with engagement rings first and foremost…
What are the latest engagement ring trends?
• Diamond overload – The more bling the better. If you are someone who is loud and proud then this is the perfect trend for you. Imagine a trio of large diamonds encircled by a wealth of smaller sparklers in a halo setting. Diamond overload!
• Vintage engagement rings – Antique designs have cemented themselves as a firm favourite. The great thing about this trend is that it boast longevity. You don’t ever have to worry about your engagement ring going out of fashion – which is important when you consider how long you are going to be wearing it for.
• Plain solitaire round cut diamond rings – With all the taste for bold designs in the world of fashion and jewellery at the moment, it is surprising that the simplistically beautiful solitaire style ring is back at the top of the trend list.
• Sapphire engagement rings – Ever since Kate Middleton stepped out with that beautiful blue sparkler, sapphire rings have soared in popularity. This is a trend that shows no signs of slowing down either.
What are the latest wedding ring trends?
• Wedding ring engraving – It has become increasingly popular to have your wedding rings engraved. The options are endless; from important dates, to quotations, to biblical references.
• Add some bling – Traditionally wedding rings have been plain bands. However, more and more people are opting to have diamonds encrusted in their band. This doesn’t mean you should go for one big standalone stone as you would in an engagement ring. Several small diamonds going all around the band looks subtly stunning.
• Vintage wedding rings – Vintage is in for wedding rings as well as engagement rings. Intricate details and an antique finish look delightful.
• Pave diamond settings – This coincides with the second trend regarding adding some bling. A pave setting is an extremely elegant method of incorporating lots of diamonds and thus maximising the bling effect without going over the top.
The best way to get your engagement ring and wedding ring just how you want it is to go down the bespoke route. You can have the ring designed to incorporate your favourite trends, to match in with your taste, to fit your finger perfectly and to include symbolisation of your love. The possibilities are endless and this is why bespoke engagement rings and wedding rings are the best. If you want to check about charger plates, go to this link.
The importance of selecting the best bespoke jeweller in this instance cannot be underestimated. You have to find someone with experience, they have to use the best quality of diamonds, and they need to be able to cater to your budget too. This is why Haywards are the best for bespoke wedding rings and engagement rings in Hong Kong. They tick all of these boxes.